A nice quick fix and flick project. A very cheap find on Trademe was the JTM60 3 x 10. Very similar to the 1990’s JTM30, it was loud and the reverb was horrible.
I didn’t end up taking many photos of this build but essentially I brought the amp faulty with the idea that I could fix it. Unbeknown to me, these things had a design flaw which saw the output tubes ( EL34’s ) mounted directly under the filter caps. The heat that dissipated off them went straight up and killed the caps.
Clarry at 34Audio and he remounted the new caps out of the way. I also found out that the amps effects loop plugs were prone to corroding and making a lot of noise. So a bit of contact cleaner fixed that.
I ordered some new JTM45 grill cloth as the other stuff had overspray all over it. Grill cloth is always a two person job.
- New caps from Clarry
- New grill cloth from Mojotone